234 views
1.4

1. I requested my several deliveries to Viabox to be combined and mailed to me in Germany to reduce the shipment cost. The company did send a box that was in the size of 40cm X 15cm x 20cm with all my items, but charged me as if all my items were shipped separately. They also said that they did not get my email. However, I have an email verifying that they opened all my packages and looked at what is inside as well.

2. They did not inform me during payment that I could not ship liquids overseas with the carrier I picked (the cheapest one). They did not give me a choice how to handle the shipment when I was informed that liquids could not be shipped. Instead they automatically shipped a bunch and then sent the 2nd bunch with liquids using another carrier. During this process, they listed the value of the items as the total amount both deliveries, so I had to pay the customs charge for the box TWICE because both packages were labelled as $80 in value.

3. I was told that the shipment would be 3-4 days. Now delays are possible, but with services such as DHL or UPS, where you can track your package you do not expect a 2 week delivery when you paid for 3-4 day service. I spent $108 for a package of value $80 just for shipment and the package took not only 2 weeks to come, but I could not even track it for a week. They did not even ship the item for a week.

4. They did not mention any of the hidden costs. Both carriers charged me 25 euros of "release charges" in addition to customs fee (which I expected). After paying $108 for shipment for a 2 week delivery, I had to spend 50 euros for unknown release charges. The careers here told me that Viabox only paid my package to arrive to Germany but not to my door!

Product or Service Mentioned: Viabox Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Viabox Cons: Communication, Not even logical costs.

Location: Bielefeld, North Rhine-Westphalia