787 views
2.0

I used Viabox shipment calculator using data from Amazon regarding the product I wanted, Epson Home Cinema 2040 (14.6 x 14.3 x 7.2 inches, 9 pounds to Israel, TNT Economy 3-5 business days) and found that it should cost me about $100 (11 pounds billable weight).

I ordered Epson Home Cinema 2040 from Amazon. It was received at Viabox ware house after 3 days. Amazon records show it was signed by WERTZWERTZ - which doesn't sound like a human being, more like gibberish. It took 2.5 days for the package to show in Viabox site. By this time I was very worried and thought maybe the package was somehow delivered to the wrong place. Note that I also used some other similar service (Buy2Usa). It took them less than an hour to update package arrival in their records.

After package arrived I needed to pay for it $147.72 USD about %50 more than the info Viabox provided (18 billable pounds, to Israel, TNT Economy 3-5 Business days). I didn't understand where the 7 extra pounds came from and I couldn't see any option to repackage (which Viabox claimed is free), so I bit the bullet and ordered. Next day Viabox site claimed package was dispatched (still does - it says "dispatched: 2015-10-31"), but the tracking number was not functioning (TNT site did not recognize the tracking number) and then Viabox site went down for about a week.

In this time it was impossible to get information.

Then when Viabox site came back up, tracking number was still not functioning. It took 4 more days until tracking number was functioning. Then it said in TNT site Viabox actually dispatched the item on November 9th - 12 days after item was received at Viabox warehouse. All this time, I did not get any new information from Viabox support. All of this I learned by myself using info from Viabox site. And then I learned another piece of information: TNT estimate arrival date is November 24th - which is 12 business days and not 3 - 5 which I paid for 50% more than I expected, using Viabox shipping calculator.

Viabox representative said they are sorry, mentioned they were hacked, and took no other action.

Viabox were very unresponsive, every piece of information gleaned from their site was initially incorrect and took long days to even appear.

Do youself a favor, and pick one of their competitors

Product or Service Mentioned: Viabox Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue, Problem with delivery, Not as described, Pricing issue, Poor customer service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Viabox Cons: Customer service, Unexpected pricing, Low availability, Slow response, Slow delivery.

Location: Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv